Rilo and Collier Blog Home Rilo and Collier Blog About Rilo and Collier Blog Collected Rilo and Collier Blog Rilo Rilo and Collier Blog Collier rilo and collier blog Arden

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Collier 6 Months














No, no, no. I would love to pretend that my sweet little newborn is NOT a half year old. Holy cow, is the second time around much faster. I know, with all that we have going on in the next few months, that 1 is going to come way too soon!

At 6 months, Collier is still the happiest kid on the block. I just love how he is all smiles. He is big and chunky and I want to eat up his fat little thighs.

We are about to embark on the food journey. He has sampled a few things the last couple of weeks, but now it's time for him to really give it a try. We'll do baby led weaning, like we did with Rilo, and will probably start with avocado or some other soft veggie.

Collier's sleeping, well, let's not talk about it. He has become a terrible sleeper. Even at nap time, he has gotten much much worse. He just has to be near me to sleep well and likes to nurse A LOT through the night. I just moved his bed away from ours so that I can try to help him sleep on his own. The no binky/lovey situation I think complicates things even more!

As far as milestones, he is getting around all over the place. Leave him in one spot while you're getting ready, and find him on the other side of the room, halfway under the bed. He mostly just rolls and pushes himself on his back to get around. Thanks to my family, Collier now goes up onto his hands and knees. I can only hope that's as far as he gets for a few months. I am in NO rush this time around. Just sit and smile and all will be well!

Collier has made me become a different mama and while it's been tough, I've enjoyed growing as a mother. He is much less independent than Rilo was (and still is). He will cry the moment I walk away and looks for me when I'm gone. They say that boys just love their mamas and I'm finding that to be true. Oh how I love how excited he gets when our eyes meet. There is nothing sweeter.

As he naps next to me right now, I can't help but feel truly grateful. I have always wanted to be a mom, and here I am, with two littles to love. It's not always easy, but it is always worth it. Love you Collier Bud.

No comments:

Post a Comment